Add a Litter to a Deactivated Mating
In the event that you disbanded a mating, or retired one female in an active mating, only to find out a few weeks later that the female was pregnant, here are the steps you can follow to add the litter into the disbanded mating:
On the Mating List:
- Open the filter
- If the whole mating was deactivated, then in the State drop-down, select the Inactive checkbox (and deselect Active).
- Click Filter
- Locate the Mating that contains the female that gave birth and select the checkbox
- Next, click the "Edit Matings" button (you will now be forwarded to the Edit Mating Record Page)
On the Edit Mating page:
- Select the female's checkbox in the Breeder Information table
- Next, click on the "More Actions" button directly under the Matings > Edit Mating Record Header and select "Unretire Breeders"
- From here, click OK on the confirmation pop up --- this will temporarily reactivate the female just so we can add the litter
- Finally, click on the "New Litter" button, add the litter information (size, DOB, etc.) and click on the green "Submit" button to save your changes --- the page will refresh and the litter will be added. Note the pups still need to be sexed, genotyped, tagged and weaned.
Once the litter is created, you can proceed to Retire the Female again by selecting her checkbox in the Breeder Information Table and clicking on the "Retire Breeders" button.
On the Edit Litter page:
You can proceed to tag, genotype, sex and wean as usual.
Here is a reference on how to do this: Tag, Genotype, Sex, Wean Pups