How To Change a Mating's Set Up Date
If you accidentally entered the wrong Mating Set up Date when you created your Mating, follow these steps:
- Go to the Mating List
- Select the check box of the Mating whose Set Up Date need to be changed
- Click Edit Matings
- On the Edit Mating Record page, change the Set Up Date using the calendar
- Click Save+Stay (or Save+Back) to save to the database
- When changing the Mating's Set Up Date consider if you also need to change the Breeders' Date Mated --- see image below for location of the two dates.
- When a Mating Record is first created, these two dates are automatically set to the same date.
- Once the Mating Record is created, these two dates become "decoupled" - changing one date does not result in the automatic changing of the second date.
- The reason why is because if you subsequently add a new breeder into the Mating Cage (e.g. if one breeder dies a month into the Mating, and you add in a replacement breeder), this new breeder's Date Mated will be a different date to the original Mating Set Up Date. Hence these two dates are distinct.
Follow the instructions here to learn how to change the Breeder's Date Mated.