How to Add Strains
You can easily add strains (i.e. backgrounds) to your records. One thing to note with Mouselines and Strains in SoftMouse is that you need to associate a Strain with a Mouseline in order for it to appear in your Strain drop down list.
Here's how to create strains:
- Go to your Mouseline List by clicking Mouselines in the blue menu header
- Click on the checkbox of any Mouseline in your click and click Edit Lines
- On the Edit page, scroll down to the bottom where the strain section is
- In the text input field, enter the strain name
- Click the dark grey Add button
- Select the check box of the strain added
- Click the light grey Add button to move the Strain into the Associated Strain list
- Click Save
Now when creating new mice or editing mice, when you select a Mouseline, the strain list will automatically populate to show you all strains that you have associated with this line.