How to Create Mouseline - Gene Associations
When managing multiple different mouselines and genes, your corresponding list may get quite overwhelming. Softmouse has now made it easier for you to personalize your page more than ever with the addition of associations. Associations will allow you to better maintain your mouseline and genes information with organizing and pairing so that you can view the information that's most relevant.
To create or edit a Mouseline - Gene association:
From any list after logging in:
- Go to the blue menu header and click on the small "wrench" icon on the upper right-hand side
- Click on "Mouseline - Gene association" to create or edit an association
- From here, select the owner for the corresponding association --- if no changes are needed, leave blank
- Next, click on the Mouseline that you would like to associate to a specific set or sets of genes
- Follow up by selecting the genes
- Finally, click on the green "Save" button to save your changes
That's it! Now, when you select a Mouseline when creating, editing, or moving mice only the genes that you chose to associate with your Mouseline will appear instead of all the genes you have inputted in Softmouse to date.