How to Scan Mice with RapId© Tags
Wether you just purchased new mice, are editing existing mice in your database, or are adding a new litter and are using / applying RapId© Tags, you can enter their tag information easily into the system with a simple scan.
Once enrolled, you can conveniently scan each mouse RapId© Tag directly from the mouse and be forwarded to their corresponding Mouse Record to identify, add, or edit any information.
Select a method below to learn more:
If you haven't yet enabled RapId© Tag functionality, please click here.
1. Go to your Mouse List and click on the New Mice button.
2. Enter in the number males / females you want to add, fill in the rest of the form and click on the green "Add" button.
3. Next, select all the mice your entering and put your cursor in the first Physical Tag cell.
4. Now just scan away. After each scan, you'll be taken immediately to the next cell so you can scan the next mouse. --- Continue until all mice are scanned
5. Finally, complete your additions by clicking the "Create Mice and Move into Cages" button
1. Go to your Mouse List, select all mice in question, and click on the Edit Mice Tab.
3. Now just scan away. After each scan, you'll be taken immediately to the next cell so you can scan the next mouse. --- Continue until all mice are scanned
4. When done, click on the green "Save+Stay" button to save your changes.
1. Go to your Litter List, select the Litter in question, and click Edit Litter.
2. On the Edit Litter Record page, select "Edit Pups" from the yellow drop down at the top right
3. Select all pups in the Pup Information table, put your cursor in the first Physical Tag cell
4. Now just scan away. After each scan, you'll be taken immediately to the next cell so you can scan the next mouse. --- Continue until all pups are scanned
5. Finally, complete your additions by clicking the "Submit" button
- Tip 1: If you already entered mice and scanned them but do not see the colored square on your Mouse List, you need to:
1. Select all mice from your Mouse List and click Edit Mice
2. On the Group Edit Mouse page, select all mice again and click Save+Back
You should see the squares now. The reason they weren't showing before is the tags were scanned in prior to the RapID Tags setting being enabled on your preferences - so they weren't recognized as being RapID Tags. Going forward, the squared will show immediately after scanning and saving.