Mouse States Explained
The State of a mouse changes automatically in the database as you make the following updates to your mouse records:
- When you create a litter, the State of the Mouse is set to "Pup"
- When you wean a littler, the State of the Mouse changes to "Weanling" --- this is essentially a weaned mouse who has not reached its date of maturity
- When the Mouse reaches its date of maturity, the State of the Mouse changes to "Stock" --- the date of Maturity is calculated automatically in the database based on the preferences you set in your Mouselines (the default is 42 days of age to reach maturity - if you edit any of your Mouselines, you can change these defaults as needed)
- When create a Mating record with a Mouse, the State of the Mouse changes to "Mating" --- only Weanlings and Stock mice can be put into Matings
- When you end a mouse (e.g. if you sacrifice a mouse), the State of the Mouse changes to "Ended"