How To Tag, Sex, Genotype and Wean One Litter At A Time
In SoftMouse, much like the Create New Mouse Record page, you can edit your Litters parameters and perform multiple steps all at once within the Edit Litter Record Page for ease of use and to maintain a continuous workflow.
The Steps consist of:
To aid in editing your litters information, you can execute any of the steps in the order that makes the most sense to you as well as skip any of the ones that are not relevant.
To Access the Litter List:
1. Click on the checkmark box to the left of the litter in question and click on the Edit Litters tab. (You'll now be forwarded to the Edit Litter Record Page)
2. Next, click on the "Edit pups" button directly under the Litters > Edit Litter Record Header. (If weaning pups, select "Wean pups")
3. From here, just follow the instructions below for each individual step you wish to complete. Remember, you can execute the steps in the order that makes the most sense to you as well as skip any of the steps that are not relevant. ---E.g. if you only receive your genotype results after you wean, you can skip the Genotype Pups step below.
1. Select one or all the Pups in the Pup information table. --- you will notice that you can enter the tags by typing straight into the cell in the Pup table as well once the check box is selected
2. In the Edit Pups Details box, enter the starting Physical Tag number in the second box if you want to tag in a sequence. (To learn more about inputting Physical Tags, click here)
3. Click on the green "Submit+Stay" button to save your changes and remain on the same screen.
2. In the Edit Pups Details box, select Male or Female from the Sex tab dropdown list.
3. Click on the green "Submit+Stay" button to save your changes and remain on the same screen. ---the unchecked pups will automatically switch to the unselected sex
1. Select the Pups in the Pup information table whose Genotype has been identified and needs to be altered in the system.
2. Use the Gene and Allele drop down to input the correct genotype into the Genotype box using the Add button (To learn more about the Genotype function, click here)
3. Click on the green "Submit+Stay" button to save your changes and remain on the same screen. --- Repeat this step for as many gene / alleles that you are adding
1. Click on the "Wean pups" button directly under the Litters > Edit Litter Record Header.
2. Confirm the default Wean Date listed in the calendar field (change it if necessary, otherwise leave as is) and click on the green Submit+Move button --- this will automatically select all the pups that belong to the litter, no need to click the individual check boxes. (You'll now be forwarded to the Move Mice Page)
3. From here, use the Group and Ungroup buttons to cage the weanlings as needed and click on the green "Create/Update Cages" to place your weaned mice in a cage and save your changes.