How To Tag, Sex, and Genotype Multiple Litters At A Time
Often times, different factors and time constraints might require you to edit multiple litters at once. To aid in maintaining a continuous workflow, SoftMouse lets you select multiple litters at once to perform multiple steps / changes together effortlessly.
The Steps consist of:
You can execute any of the steps above in the order that makes the most sense to you as well as skip any of the ones that are not relevant.
To Tag, Sex, and Genotype multiple litters at a time, from The Litter List:
1. Click on the checkmark box to the left of the litters in question and click on the Edit Mice tab. (You'll now be forwarded to the Group Edit Mice Page)
2. From here, just follow the instructions below for each individual step you wish to complete. Remember, you can execute the steps in the order that makes the most sense to you as well as skip any of the steps that are not relevant. ---E.g. if you only receive your genotype results after you wean, you can skip the Genotype Pups step below.
1. Select one or all the Pups in the lower table. --- you will notice that you can enter the tags by typing straight into the cell in the Pup table as well once the check box is selected
2. In the upper information table, enter the starting Physical Tag number in the second box if you want to tag in a sequence. (To learn more about inputing Physical Tags, click here)
3. Click on the green "Save+Stay" button to save your changes and remain on the same screen.
2. In the upper information table, select Male or Female from the Sex tab dropdown list.
3. Click on the green "Save+Stay" button to save your changes and remain on the same screen. ---the unchecked pups will automatically switch to the unselected sex
1. Select the Pups in the lower table whose Genotype has been identified and needs to be altered in the system.
2. Use the Gene and Allele drop down to input the correct genotype into the Genotype box using the Add button (To learn more about the Genotype function, click here)
3. Click on the green "Save+Stay" button to save your changes and remain on the same screen. --- Repeat this step for as many gene / alleles that you are adding