Wean Litter and Exclude Unneeded Pups
If not all pups make it to the Wean Date, the best way to enter this information into your SoftMouse account is to End the pups you don't need and then proceed to Weaning.
To begin, go to the Litter List, select the desired litter check box, click Edit Litters button then perform the following steps on the Edit Litter Record page:
- At the top of the screen, click the "End Pups" button
- Select all Pups to be ended in the Pup Information table
- Enter an End Date and an End Type, then click Apply
- At the top of the screen, click "Wean Pups" button
- Click Submit+Move - the system will automatically only wean the alive pups, no need to use the check boxes to select the alive ones.
- On the Move Mice page, enter the Cage Tag for the newly weaned mice and click Create / Update Cages